It's official. I think I may have left my brain in Boracay,
I mean, why else am I obsessing about sea themed cupcake toppers in the middle of January? Last week, I showed you how to make Boat Cupcakes. And last year, there were some cute Starfish Cupcakes that came out of this blog. And now we're delving deeper into the sea.
We're making octopus cupcakes today. Yeah, in the middle of January when it's still cold at night (read: malamig pa rin ang simoy ng hagin) and here I am thinking of summer. Please tell me, it's okay :)
Fondant (or Gumpaste) Octopus Tutorial
What we need:
Fondant in purple, black and white
Brush and water to glue things togetherHere's how:
(1) Roll purple fondant in a ball
(2) Shape it in a sort of figure eight or sort of a jar.
(3) Cut the smaller end into two
(4) Then the two into half again
(5) Continue until our octopus have eight arms
(6) Open up the arms and form a tip on each arm(7) Let Mister Octopus stand and and curl this arms outwards.
(8) Use the fondant tool to mark where the eyes should be
(9) Add the face details.
Tadah!! Octopus cupcakes are perfect for under the sea themed parties don't you think? :)