I'm pretty sure you have noticed that I totally suck at celebrating milestones. That's not good, right? See, this year, Bake Happy turns five and I have never once celebrated an anniversary! My 26th, 27th, 28th, 29th and 30th birthday came and went and I think I have never mentioned it here once (or at least I know I didn't). In case you're wondering, it's on April 2nd - my birthday and not my blog anniversary. That one's in June or July, I think (see, I'm not even sure! hahaha!).
So one of my resolutions this year is to celebrate all of them with you my dear Bake Happy friends! Starting today! Because today is a very special day. Wanna know why?
Because, one, were making Birthday Cake Cupcakes! See?
And two, we're celebrating my sister's birthday. Nope she's not the one on the center. That's me. She's the one happily anticipating her first Sans Rival bite. Yep, that cute kid on the left is my sister Lisa :)
Isn't she the cutest? She always had an easy smile on her face, up to now. So I thought to celebrate her birthday, we're making birthday cake cupcakes. Want to see how to make them? Here's how.Birthday Cake Cupcake Topper Tutorial
What we need:
Fondant in brown, beige, red, pink and yellow
Flower fondant cutter
Round fondant cutter (should be snmaller than the round cutter)
Water and brush to glue things together
(1) Roll out brown fondant and cut out flowers.
(2) Roll out beige fondant and cut out circles
For one cake, we'll need 3 "flowers" and 2 circles
(3) Place them one on top of the other.
(4) Roll some small red balls
(5) Place them on each of the "petals"
(6) Insert a toothpick on the middle of the cake
(7) Add some pink fondant on the the toothpick to serve as the candle
(8) Get some yellow fondant and shape into a flame. Add to the tip of the candle.
(9) Place on top of the cupcakes!
This is for my sister who always support me in everything I do, the one who always have my back, and never tires to assure me that I am loved, I am sooo lucky to have you!
Happy birthday, tots! :)