I'm a little time challenged this past week.You see, all the clocks around the house stopped. At different times. One reads 3 o'clock, another reads 9:50 and another one 11:30. Must buy batteries soon. I don't know if I'm getting enough sleep or simply just been awake too long. I do hope I am not too late to welcome the Chinese New Year. Kung Hei Fat Choi everyone!
2012 is said to be the Year of the Dragon. And in the spirit of fun, I looked up what's in store for Bake Happy (the blog, not the blogger) this year. Here's the 411:
Blog Name: Bake Happy
Birthday: July 12, 2008
Chinese Zodiac: Earth Rat
According to ChineseZodiac.com "Earth Rats prefer a sense of stability, digging in and putting down roots early to help ensure a successful future. They believe that slow and steady is the best approach." I like it!
So how will Bake Happy fare in 2012? Let's see -
"Those people born in the Year of the Rat, will see considerable improvement in their energy and luck in the year of 2012 compared to 2011. Events will be smoother this year for all age groups. You will be lucky in love and romance, with even chances of being blessed with babies! It is also possible to settle down this year if you already haven’t. You will do well in business, career, social life, and romance too. However, take care not to indulge too much in the known vices and be cautious about gossip and vile words from others. Wise investments will bring in great harvest as your wealth luck is superb in 2012. Time to rejoice even more this year with favorable stars shining upon you!"
Liking it better and better! 2012 seems to be Bake Happy's lucky year. I don't know about the romance stuff because... well, Bake Happy is a blog and it is just turning four this year. Practically a baby... so yeah.
And on to why I made this post. Let's make some Dragon Cupcake Toppers to usher in the Year of the Dragon.
What we need -
Fondant in purple, orange, black and white
Fondant rolling pin
Medium sized oval fondant cutter
Waste as glue/paste
Small brush for the water
Here's how -
(1) Roll out the orange fondant and cut out small triangles.
(2) Roll out the purple fondant and cut out an oval shape. Cut it into two.
(3) Place it one on top of the other and cut the bottom part using the polvoron shaper. This will be the dragon's wings.
(4) Cut out two small triangles for the dragon's ears.
(5) Roll 6 balls using the purple fondant. The two big ones will be the head and body, the four small ones will be the hands and feet.
(5) Shape the small balls to resemble tears.
(6) For the head, shape it as well to resemble a tear but make sure the smaller end is still round.
(6) Do the same for the body but elongate the smaller end as it will become the tail. For the tail part, use a knife to cut out an arrow of some sort for the tail end.
(7) Attached the head to the tail. Still doesn't look much but have faith :)
(8) Attach the ears, hands and feet.
(9) Attach the small orange triangles from head to tail as well as the wings.
(10) Finally, using toothpicks, the black and white fondant, make the dragon's cute face.
And with that, let's welcome the new year with these cute-as-can-be, soon-to-be-fire-breathing dragons!