When I was younger (make that way, way, waaay younger)... there were three things I thought were true -
- Iced tea that has a frothy top has whipped cream on it. (I know, what was I thinking?!)
- When the fruitcake recipe says add orange rind, the white bitter part should be added also. I haven't baked a fruitcake since.
- Chocolate Crinkles are cake crumbs rolled into flattened balls then coated with confectioner's sugar. Oh wait... now I know that is not true, I now know they are baked.
Chocolate Crinkles Recipe
from All Recipes
What we need:
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
(1) Combine cocoa, white sugar, and vegetable oil a bowl. Mix well.(2) Add in eggs one at a time. Then stir in the vanilla.
(3) Sift together all dry ingredients - flour, baking powder, and salt then add into the cocoa mixture.
(4) The dough will still be soft at this stage. Cover the bowl with clink wrap and refrigerate for four hours.
(5) Use a 1.5 oz ice cream scoop to roll the dough into balls then coat it with confectioner's sugar before before baking for 10-12 minutes. Remember not to overbake so the cookies will still be chewy.